Gage Roads, one of Australia’s leading brewing companies specialising in great quality, lifestyle-driven beer and cider has an opportunity for a mid-senior Graphic Designer to join the team.
About Gage Roads
We’ve been brewing since 2005 and have grown to become one of WA’s most-exciting brands. We’re a young, dynamic team of men and women who love beer and cider, our place on the coast here in WA, and… beer. You’ll find our brands at Perth’s best bars and pubs, liquor stores, cultural events, and the new Optus Stadium.
About the team
Our Sales & Marketing team is a young, passionate and creative bunch that understands lifestyle and culture from the inside-out. We use this understanding to develop products, and integrated campaigns across our craft, contemporary, and classic beer and cider brands.
Our offices are in Palmyra in an old Meadow Lea margarine factory, on top of what was once affectionately known as “Breakfast Hill”. We currently have a full-time staff of 11 in the WA team, ranging from brand architects, social media guns and event experientialists, to brand ambassadors and customer support.
The Role & You
In this role you’ll collaborate with senior members of the team and external agencies to produce faultless designs across a variety of print and digital projects.
On any day you could be working on brand identity, point of sale materials, posters, brochures, website design, internal comms, social media content, or press checking packaging printing.
You will be a creative and conceptual thinker with the ability to switch your “lens” between different brands at will.
You’ll have an eye for detail and strong skills in both typography and layout, as well as a solid understanding of print processes.
You’re a perfectionist that understands the importance of delivering to deadline – you can knock out great design and content with your eyes closed.
To be considered for this role you’ll:
· Have a love of all things design
· Be experienced – at least three years working in a creative, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
· Have experience designing and creating content suitable for various platforms (Print, POS, digital, PPT)
· Know a bit about brand communication, marketing and public relations, and social content
· Self-manage and deliver to deadline every time
Minimum skills you’ll have:
· Expert Adobe Creative suite including CS6 Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word and PowerPoint
· Proficient skills importing and editing in Photoshop RAW
The perfect candidate will also have:
· Working knowledge of animation and motion graphics
· Ability to take a great photo
· An understanding of the craft, and wider beer markets
· A relaxed, well-adjusted attitude
· Great playlists for the office Sonos
· Have a positive professional attitude and be keen to move the brands and team forward
· A desire to be part of the team and get involved with the fun extra-curricular activities the liquor industry is famous for
Important Job Details
Salary and hours is dependent on candidate, but please note this is a minimum 3 days per week role at our Palmyra head office.
Sound like you?
Send a brief cover letter, your CV, current portfolio, and anything else you think is worthwhile to email@example.com, subject:Graphic Designer.
If you’re feeling creative (recommended) answer these three questions and shoot it over with your goods.
What are your three favorite instagram handles?
Tell us your favorite brand.
Who would win a fight between a pizza and a taco?